Reason for Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMDR Willy

Was just banned for 'Abusing the Role Rick System' when voting someone off role for 'poor performance' when they were using a role poorly?
An admin seemed to think that voting (the first role kick I had called for and the role kick being 25 minutes into an active game) to role kick someone in the 'Sniper' role with 11 Kills in a 25 minute game is considered a Ban worthy offense and 'An abuse of the role kick function'.

Would like have clarification of what is considered 'abuse' and whether this example is abusive.
The ban happened on 30/9 18:40BST

[40-1] Segert Vorster

40-1
Clan Member
Donator
Personally i dont think 11 kills with a sniper role is bad. its about average. I dont think you should role kick someone for being average or bad. Everyone starts somewhere. To only good reason would be deliberate trolling, or teamkilling.

So i personally think its justified. it is very frustrating to be kicked because you are not as good as someone else with that role.
This is my personal take on it. i dont make decisions(aka im not an admin).

[40-1] Malvolio

Clan Sergeant
Clan Member
Hi Willy! I´ve session banned you because it was the 3. role kick you had iniciated and I told in chat that you should stop that.
Each player on our server can play the role he wants to. There is an exeption for playing the TL and SL role of course. But you tried to role kick 2 times a mg gunner (probably to get the role yourself because you had asked to get it before) and then the sniper role. Since I had warned you in chat I session banned you therefore.

CMDR Willy

So you cannot kick a player for 'poor performance' on the role kick function?

Additionally, it was two role kicks if you consider having to vote someone off again for rejoining the role he was kciekd for intitially. Having to vote someone off role for a second time because they rejoin a role they were kicked from instantly is considered an additonal role kick, despite them clearly ignoring the results of a role kick? Would also like to add that the role kicking of the player in the Machine gunner role was about 40 minutes before the role kick of the player in the sniper role, both for 'poor performance' which was the case.

You cannot even role kick SL's in this game so I don't know what the 'exemption' for them would be.

Last edited:

[40-1]SturmTurm

Clan Captain
Clan Captain
Donator
On our servers rolevoting is there for when people are afk or trolling. We have had rolevoting disconnected but had too many incidents with trolling tl´s when no admins was present. You really don´t need to role vote anything when there is admins present.

Status
Not open for further replies.